Sunday, July 29, 2007

"I swear!" the man said, pointing at the hole in the floor. "I had nothing to do with that!"

Sadie started towards him. "Who do you think you're kidding? You're the only other person in this room! Of course you had something to do with it!"

"Well..." he said pensievely, surveying the damage.

"Well what?!" Sadie demanded.

"Maybe a bit."

"A bit?!"

"Yeah, a bit."

"THERE'S A HOLE IN THE FLOOR, NOT TO MENTION WATER DAMAGE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT'S GOING TO DO TO MY PAY CHECK! NOT TO MENTION MY JOB!" Sadie's face went white. "Oh, bugger...My job..." She cradled her head in her hand. "I'm out of the job. I don't have a job. This is bad. This is REALLY bad..."

"Well," the man said. "If it makes you feel any better, I didn't do that." He pointed at the burst rubber bladder lying on the floor, tangled in sheets: the remnants of the hotel's lone water bed.

Sadie looked at him hopelessly, questioningly.

He pointed towards the bathroom. "I told the boys in there to do it. I swear, kids these days cave so easily to peer pressure." He sighed resignedly.

No comments: