Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Noel began to knock even harder until the door finally opened, a pair of large child like brown eyes meeting her hazel ones.

"Um, I'm a little busy right now. Can you come back later?" the man requested, almost as if he were hiding a joke, and a funny one at that. His face was held high and his mouth formed into a large smile.

"I'm afraid I cannot. I've gotten many complaints about water dripping from ceilings in other customer's rooms below you, so may I ask to look in your room, only for a moment?" Noel asked, trying to sound appropriate for this kind of thing.

"Uh...Like I said, I'm very busy and I can't help you right now... uh, please come back later.. heh, heh," said the man his large eyes boring into her's.

"Oh, come off it, sir," Noel said, pushing him aside. Her jaw dropped immediently, "Y-you r-room fl-floor gone!!!!!" she stuttered out, looking at the large hole in the hotel floor. Her paycheck was gone, for sure...

No comments: